Summary of Proposed Changes Affecting West Royalty School
- Colonel Gray and Charlottetown Rural families of school will be amalgamated to become one family.
- Enrollment in a school within the amalgamated family will be determined by geographical zones.
- Intermediate and senior high school enrollment will be determined by geographical zone and not the elementary school that a student attended.
- Most of those in the proposed West Royalty zone would be zoned for Queen Charlotte, while a small portion would be zoned for Stone Park.
- The geographical zones for the two high schools have not yet changed. The recommendation is to review this at future date. The elementary or junior high school that is attended will not determine the high school that is is attended. Enrollment for high school will be determined by geographical zone.
- An area near Brackley Beach (previously zoned for Parkdale) is now zoned for West Royalty.
- The area near Orchard Hill and Louis Point Park (previously dual-zoned for West Royalty/West Kent) is now zoned for Spring Park School.
For more Info or to Respond:
- Visit "Better Learning For All" website
- Email:Bob Andrews (email@example.com)
- Public meeting: Feb 1st at 7pm, Colonel Gray Gymnasium (to pre-book a 10 minute presentation contact 902-368-5868 or firstname.lastname@example.org