The symposium is being hosted by CHANCES Family Centre, in partnership with Hockey PEI and the support of local sponsors. Mr. Dryden has facilitated similar symposiums focused on concussions in several communities across Canada.
CBC’s Matt Rainnie will emcee the event, which will explore the many aspects of concussion injuries, including the experiences of athletes and families of those affected, medical experts who treat the injuries, and administrators who are able to effect change. The focus will not just be on the problem, but a search for potential answers and solutions to reduce potential concussion risks in sport.
Panel participants will include:
- Ryan McKenna, an athlete who suffered a concussion
- Dr. William Stanish and Dr. Neil McLure, sports medicine experts
- Todd Jackson, Hockey Canada
- Forbie MacPherson, UPEI Panthers
- Kevin Elliott, Charlottetown Islanders
For more information, contact:
Ann Robertson, Executive Director
CHANCES Family Centre
16 Brighton Rd., Charlottetown, PE C1A 1T4
902-892-8744 / email@example.com