Your Home & School Association has had a busy and productive 2011/2012 school year so far. Your generous support during our annual magazine campaign in September and our freewill donation at Christmas supported a wonderful array of activities and initiatives. Here is a summary of some of the key accomplishments during the year:
- Provided water for participants at Walk to School Day in September.
- Helped organize another successful Halloween Dance in October.
- Finished construction/installation of our new K-2 Playground with the Grand Opening in November.
- Sent 10 students with the Grade 6 Leadership Group to UPEI for leadership training in November.
- Supported 2 Christmas Families during the holiday season.
- Enabled the whole school to attend Happy Feet II in December.
- Provided treats (apples and candy canes) for the students during Santa's visit to the school.
- Received support for our proposal for the Parent Leadership Grant from the PEI Home and School Federation, Math Matters - Supporting Your Child in Mathematics.
- Purchased 7 more country flags for the entryway to the school.
- Purchased safety vests for staff to wear outside to make them more visible to students on the playground.
- Continued to support the Healthy Snack Program monthly throughout the school year.
- Hosted another successful Staff/Teacher Appreciation Week in February.
- Provided the bouncers for the Winter Carnival in March.
- Supported many items on this year's school wish list, including a new PA System with cordless microphones, a book shelf for the library, funds to purchase various items for classrooms in Grades 3 to 5, as well as cup stacking equipment for the Phys. Ed. Department.
Looking ahead, we have allocated funding for the Grade 6 end-of-year activities and the school Fun Day in June.
THANK YOU to all of our wonderful volunteers who make all this possible! We could not do it without you.
If you want to be involved in making decisions on how our annual budget is spent, we welcome your input and would love to have you join us at our monthly H&S meetings. For details, go to our website at: http://www.westroyaltyhs.ca/
Your H&S Executive