October 27, 2011
Attention Home and School Presidents / Co-Chairs / Members
Subject: Education Governance Commission
The Prince Edward Island Education Governance Commission released the Education Governance Discussion Paper, Charting the Way, at 9:00 this morning. It is available online at www.peieducationgovernance.com
This is our opportunity as parents, guardians, educators and members of the community to provide input to the Commission about Education Governance in P.E.I. both the current model and what it should look like in the future.
The Commission has made it very easy to provide input. You may send feedback in a variety of ways (i.e. mail, e-mail, public meetings). The website is easy to navigate. Check the "Have your say" page for all the details.
We encourage all Home and School members to hold a conversation on this topic and submit comments to the Commission, collectively and/or individually. To get you started, here are some tips:
- Put this topic on your next Home & School meeting's agenda for discussion
- Forward the Commission's link to your membership so they will be prepared to discuss
- Ask your school secretary to include the information in the school's newsletter
- Record comments on a flipchart at your Home & School meeting; compile info into a letter to the Commission
- Send representatives to the public meetings to learn more from other community members
- Individual comments are welcomed
- Print copies are available - call 620-3457
Home and Schools on Twitter may want to "follow" the @peihsf account, and send us your local's Twitter account name so that we can follow the Home and School conversation. We have linked the Commission's website on our Home Page at: http://www.edu.pe.ca/peihsf/
Please send a copy of your comments to the provinical Home and School office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: 620-3187 or mail to: PEIHSF Box 1012 Charlottetown, PEI C1A 7M4.
PEI Home and School Federation